Frequently Asked Questions
How would you describe your style?
We always gravitate towards luminous and natural light. We love to capture bright, colorful photos of happy couples! We have a hybrid of styles we use throughout the day. We combine lifestyle, photojournalism, and fine art portraiture to tell the story of your wedding day.
How many images can we expect to receive?
You can expect to receive a minimum of 600 fully edited photos from your wedding day. Most wedding days range anywhere between 600 - 700 images. Engagement sessions range between 75 - 100 images.
How long does it take to receive our photos?
You can expect to receive your online wedding gallery no later than 4-6 weeks after the day of your wedding.
Do you watermark our images?
We never watermark any of our couple’s photos. All of our photos, both high and low resolution, come watermark free.
Do you retouch images?
Every single image you receive is very carefully edited, however we are not big fans of major retouching or over processing. We want your images to look natural and for you to look like you. Not an overly processed version of you.
Do we receive all the raw unedited photos from our day?
We only deliver completely edited and finished photos.
Can we post our photos on facebook, instagram, or other forms of social media?
Post away! Yes please! They are your photos and we want you to share them with your loved ones to enjoy as well!
Can we add on additional hours?
Absolutely! We've found over the years that 10 hours is the perfect amount of time to capture all the best parts of a wedding day, however additional hours can be added on at least 24 hours before the day of the wedding for $400 per extra hour.
Do you have liability insurance?
You bet we do! A certificate of insurance can be sent to your venue by request, if needed.
What is the difference between a low resolution photo and a high resolution photo?
Low resolution photos are perfect for any digital use and can be printed on your own up to a 5x7. High resolution photos are needed to prints larger than a 5x7. We have lots of options regarding our high resolution files for every budget and preference. Small and large size prints can be purchased from our store attached to your wedding gallery. With just a few clicks, we'll take care of everything and your prints will arrive straight to your doorstep. No matter what photo size you order from our store, there is never a charge for high resolution photos.
How can we obtain the high resolution photos?
1. High resolution photos come complimentary with the purchase of any of our fine art albums. This includes every image from your wedding gallery and engagement session as well.
2. You can purchase small and large size prints from our store attached to your wedding gallery. With just a few clicks, we'll take care of everything and your prints will arrive straight to your doorstep. No matter what size you order from our store, there is never a charge for high resolution photos.
3. If you'd like to print large size photos on your own without using our labs, you can purchase high resolution files individually for $25 on your online gallery. High resolution files can be instantly downloaded from your wedding gallery straight to your computer.
4. If you want to take care of all the printing yourselves and do not need a wedding album, then the high resolution files can be purchased at $500, which includes every single photo in your wedding gallery and engagement gallery.
5. If you would like to substitute the Pine Heirloom Box with 200 5x5 fine art prints and pine flash drive (these are included in our wedding package) in place of the rights to the high resolution files, we'd be more than happy to make that swap for you!
How do we book you for our wedding?
If you are interested in booking us for your wedding day, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know when we can set up a meeting to chat more in detail about your wedding and get to know you! We invite you to come to our personal home meeting studio in McHenry, IL for a cup of coffee with your fiancé or anyone else you would like to bring along! We are available to meet in person at our little home studio in McHenry, IL on most weekdays between the hours of 12:00 - 3:00 pm central time. Or, if we are too far away, then we would love to set up a Skype meeting! We are available for skype/facetime on most weekdays between the hours of 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm central time. If we are the right fit for you, then we'd be thrilled to put together a contract to make plans official! A signed contract along with a $1,000 deposit secures your day. The $1,000 deposit goes directly toward your final balance. The final balance is due 30 days before the wedding day.
If you'd like to schedule a time to meet with us, we'd be thrilled to hear all about your plans, dreams, and vision for your day! Contact us to schedule a time to meet with us in our little home meeting studio over coffee, or FaceTime us at your own convenience! Once we've had the chance to meet and talk, we can move forward with the next steps of booking your wedding day!